Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Weeks 25 and 26

My friend Heidi recently asked me about the transition from Europe back home so I have been thinking a lot about the differences and similarities between the US, Sweden and the Czech Republic lately. When I was trying to come up with a title for this blog post I thought about how Swedes mark the passing of the year by week numbers...they will say, for instance, I am taking a vacation in week 30. I haven't posted in about a week and wanted a title that would incorporate the various things that have happened in that time so I decided to use week numbers. So much for a description of the blog post title. On to more interesting things...

Ben is growing and changing at an amazing rate. He now knows and uses the signs for "more," "food," and "milk." He has always enjoyed shaking his head back and forth, but now uses that action to mean "no." He is no longer afraid to pet Molly and has been in pretty close contact with her lately. Ben can sit up and get onto his tummy by himself, but still prefers standing and scootching to crawling. He has food preferences now...mostly white bread and Ritz crackers if given the chance, but also likes pears, blueberries, parsnip, sweet potato, zucchini, carrots, and apple. He LOVES playing with the phone and balls and still likes to read books. He learns from watching what Josh and I do and repeats actions and sounds. All in all he is quite a special, fun little guy. Ben has just experienced his first camping trip and although freaked out by the tent at first, he loved waking up to see Maya, Todd, and Melanie in the morning. Oh, Ben is finally getting some teeth! He is going to look rather silly, I think, because he is getting one top tooth and one bottom tooth, but they are not on the same side. Once they come in a little more I will post a picture. What else? Well, I think that is a good update for now. We have a doctor's appointment tomorrow (his first since 7 1/2 months of age) so I will post stats tomorrow afternoon.

Here are some random pictures from the week and a short video of Ben saying "more" in sign language.

Ben and Josh and the penny whistle

Ben pretending he is on a roller coaster or a zombie


Ben and his love of Ritz crackers

Ben and Melanie reading a nature magazine

Ben saying hello

Josh, Ben, and Maya (and Todd in the background)

No comments: