Thursday, June 26, 2008

Coocoo for Cottage Cheese

I haven't blogged about food in a long time so here goes.

Ben loves cottage cheese. Unlike his parents, he is less excited about goat cheese. He really does like the cottage cheese; he is just trying out his "tough guy" look in this photo.

*********
Thank God for black beans. Josh made black bean burritos the other night with jack goat cheese and vegetables and it was seriously the best dinner I have had in a long time. Swedes and Czechs don't know what they are missing not having cans of vegetarian black beans around.

*********
Kjirsten came over on Monday and taught her secret truffle recipe to Nancy and me. Here is a picture of the result. I can't eat them, but from the look on Nancy's face when she tried one...they are delicious.


*********
I feel guilty giving Ben white bread (even though it is organic, etc...) so I thought I would make him white whole wheat bread. Well, my bread making skills are not up to par and the dough didn't rise very high, but it is in the oven now and only time will tell if it will be a hockey puck or Ben's dinner.


The bread is finished baking. It doesn't look pretty, but Ben likes it!



No comments: