Ben is a superstar traveler and the flight from Stockholm to Newark went well. He slept and played and happily sat on our laps and even let Josh and I watch 2 1/2 movies each!
Our time in Philadelphia was packed full of visitors--at least initially. Ben met his great grandmother, great aunts and uncles, his cousin (2nd cousin maybe? I know we have had this discussion before, but I never remember.), close friends, and some kitties. My mom hosted a wonderful BBQ and Ben got to show off his social side. We were sorry that Josh had to return to California so early and miss the festivities.
The end of the trip was bittersweet. Ben came down with a fever and, eventually, a cold so we needed to cancel plans with Diana and Maddie and Jill and her family. Thinking about it too much makes me cry so I won't say much except thank you to Diana who took very good care of us when we discovered Ben had a fever and to my mom who was so helpful and drove us to the ER in the middle of the night when his temperature reached 103.3 degrees F. It did allow us a chance to rest and gave Ben more time to spend with his grandparents which is never a bad thing.
Here are some pictures from our time in Philly.
No comments:
Post a Comment