Monday, May 19, 2008

One More Sleep

One more sleep until we are back in the United States and, well, until Ben is in the US for the first time.

We had a good last night in Uppsala--a nice walk (rainbows included) to our favorite sushi restaurant to have dinner with Henrik. And he bought us a beautiful, thick book of photographs of the Swedish landscape, a thoughtful and much appreciated souvenir.

I think I am in denial about going home. I am not sure what to expect, although Josh has explained to me the kind-of "reverse culture shock" that he experienced after living in Australia. I know that I am so so excited for Ben to meet our friends and family and for us to be settled in our home with Molly. If I don't stop writing now, I will go on and on and I still need to clean the refrigerator and make sandwiches for our flight. I plan to write Ben a letter about our amazing AMAZING last year--that you may or may not get to read. I'll decide whether or not to post it after it's written.

Well, enjoy some of our last few photos from Europe.



Josh, Ben, and Henrik at Yukiko's

1 comment:

Sweet Baby James said...

What an exciting start to life Ben has had! He is more well traveled than most adults! Have a safe trip home and enjoy meeting Zephyr-I am jealous!
-Katy