Thursday, February 21, 2008
Finally....Stockholm!
Ben and I took the 9:10AM train this morning to Stockholm along with Nina and Johan. We had a chilly walk through old town, past the Parliament buildings and the Opera House, by the auction houses, down the most expensive street in Stockholm, until we arrived at the Vasa Museum--one of the most extraordinary museums I have seen. The museum building was built around the Vasa warship which sunk in August 1628 and was found in 1956, then restored. Ben slept peacefully in his stroller most of the morning and hung out happily in the wrap in the museum. We went to a market (where we bought the most expensive butternut squash ever) and a mall afterwards (a breastfeeding stop) and then took the 5:41PM train back to Uppsala. I can't wait to go back to Stockholm with Josh. I didn't take many pictures of the city--I will wait to do that with another American tourist--but did take some of the ship. Enjoy!




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment