Friday, July 6, 2012

To The City



A few weeks ago, after finishing dinner, Ben complained that he was bored of his games, the food we eat, etc. I think I had had a similar conversation with Josh a few hours before (which Ben did not hear). After hearing (and laughing about) Ben's complaints, I told him that he was my "city kid." He liked that and said that he needed to see lots of people and tall buildings. So Josh told us to go to the city. I packed in 10 minutes, called a hotel in Santa Rosa, said goodbye to Eli and Josh, stopped for snacks and gas, and drove 3.5 hours to Santa Rosa. We arrived at 11PM. Ben was awake for most of the drive...the first half hour consisted of the question, "Are we really going?" Then, when he realized we were, the next half hour consisted of him exclaimed that he wished his brother was with us. We stayed overnight in Santa Rosa, ate breakfast and were at Golden Gate Park by 11AM. We had a lovely, sunny day at the Academy of Sciences and the playground at the park (also a ride on the carousel) and left at 5PM to drive the five (long) hours home. It was so.much.fun.  When asked the next day if Ben liked the Academy of Sciences he said, "No." Ahhh...I can't take it personally. Especially when I KNOW that he had a good time (at least some of the time--he does not like butterflies flying around him which was a large part of the rainforest exhibit). Anyway, a couple of days ago we were in the car and Ben said to me that he was glad that we went to San Francisco and that the trip really helped him feel better. I love that Ben!



Ben's pictures of me:





1 comment:

Jenny said...

This is so awesome!!