Thursday, March 20, 2008

GLAD PÅSK

So, in this non-religious country, the Jew and the Atheist found themselves participating in Easter traditions. When in Rome...

Today, many Swedish children dressed up as witches--good witches, not the ones we think of when we think of Halloween. They put on their skirts (or snowsuits), kerchiefs, rosy cheeks, and freckles and walked door-to-door trading Easter cards for candy. Loose candy, that is. Can you imagine? As an American trying to adjust to a different custom I compromised and put the loose candy into little baggies before giving it out.

Because I didn't want to appear stalkerish, I didn't take a picture of the adorable witches that came to our door...I settled for a picture of the Easter card they gave us.


Well, Happy Easter or have a good weekend.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

How cute! Too bad you weren't there at Christmas, there are some cute traditions for Christmas there too!