Sunday, March 2, 2008

Blåbärspaj

Yesterday we decided to bake a traditional Swedish dessert--blueberry pie. Apparently Swedes do not "cream" butter in their recipes; instead, the butter is always melted. I think that is fabulous because I never remember to take the butter out beforehand so it has time to soften. As always I halved the sugar and I used cake flour (since we have so much of it due to the whole not reading Swedish thing that I wrote about previously). Anyway, here is our pie. Josh's has vanilla sauce on top. The sauce is store bought. And they are so serious about their vanilla sauce here that you can buy it non-dairy too--with a soy or an oat base! Did I mention that one can also buy oatmilk ice cream? Sweden is looking better all of the time!


3 comments:

Jim said...

When Nancy told me about the blueberry pie on Ben's blog, she started drooling! So, of course I had to check it out.....and now I'M drooling. Mm-m-m, looks so good!

The name of the pie looks like something I might say after a night of champagne and good company, but I'm sure it sounds pretty in Swedish.

Love you guys!

jodi said...

Giggle :)

I truly have no idea how to pronounce it in Swedish...and we thought Czech was difficult!

love you too

Jenny said...

You guys always make very pretty baked goods...I don't like blueberries at all, but this looks tasty!