Today our dear, sweet Eli is 6 months old and our hilarious, sweet Ben is 2 1/2 years old. Here are some things about them that warm our hearts (Ben's new favorite saying thanks to Jillian!).
1. Ben is very patient while Eli explores Ben's face, grabs his hair, etc. It is only when Eli gets close enough to slobber on Ben that Ben pulls away.
2. Ben is a fan of the "mash up." All day long he strings lyrics of different songs together.
3. Eli is so close to sitting up by himself. He has a very strong back...and has also decided that arching his back and propelling himself backwards is a fun thing to do while we are holding him.
4. Eli is now mobile. He has been rolling over for while, but has realized that he can roll himself around the floor. Ben and I try to strategically place pillows around so that he doesn't slam his head into furniture. He hasn't yet realized that when he hits an obstacle he should roll the other direction.
5. Ben, thankfully, likes kisses again. But he also gives me "lovey looks." (See picture above.)
6. Ben still LOVES snowmen. His two latest creations are the block snowman and the tinker-toy snowman.
7. Ben is really enjoying his music class now and participates wholeheartedly. When his teacher Larry asks for additions to their soup, Ben is the first to shout out his idea, usually while pointing his finger and nodding his head. It might be something you just need to see.
8. Eli is so cuddly at night. I feel like we have "ruined" him a bit because I think he would have napped longer and alone if we were not co-sleeping, but Josh, Eli, and I are savoring this time. As parents the second time around, we really know that time passes quickly and soon he will be sleeping in his own bed....or, more likely, with his brother.
9. Eli is not terribly interested in our food yet. We have been giving him glasses, bowls, and spoons to explore, but I think we are going to keep him on a breastmilk only diet for a little bit longer.
10. At his 6 month appointment (on Jan 22nd), Eli weighed 17 lbs 3 oz and was 25 inches long.
11. Ben said that his current favorite song is "Old Joe Clark He." Really called "Old Joe Clark," but the first line is Old Joe Clark he built a house and the first time Ben heard it at music class he asked me what an Oldjoeclarky was.
12. Ben's favorite color is pink.
13. Eli LOVES to be outside. He likes the fresh air and looking at the trees. I think I have said that before, but it amazes us how looking out the window or walking with him outside changes his demeanor when he is sad.
14. When Ben naps, he stays up until 10:30 or 11PM. That does not warm my heart, but it is very true of him so I thought I would add it here. It makes for some nice one-on-one time for Ben and Josh.
15. Ben no longer eats vegetables. Except for raw carrots. And raw kale that he picks at the farm. And the vegetables that we put in things and don't tell him about. Like his half-birthday chocolate zucchini cupcakes. I never thought that we would do that to him--the boy that used to eat heads of broccoli at a time. When I asked him why he doesn't eat veggies anymore he told me that they were not good for his digestion.
16. Eli is teething a lot. He chomps on my nipples (ouch!) and likes to stand up on my lap with my nose in his mouth--the tip of his tongue to the tip of my nose.
17. Ben loves wearing hats.
18. Ben now says that Molly is his best friend!
19. Ben likes keeping us company while we shower. The other day he bought one of his play forks in the bathroom and pretended to shave (or razoring as he called it) his whole body, while I shaved my underarms.
20. Eli laughs hysterically.
21. Ben often says that "X" is Spanish for "Y" while making-up word "X." The other night he said "X" is Ben for "Y."
I am so lucky to share my life with three fabulous boys!!
5 comments:
I love them both! Ben is hysterical!
oh i love your boys!!! so blessed to know them. makes me excited for my two.
I just looked up Z's stats. She was 17lbs and change at her 18 month appointment! Looks like Eli has her beat by a year!
Ummm, duh. Z was 17 lbs at her 6.5 month appt. I got my years mixed up. Nevermind. I am stupid!
in that photo, is there a funnel wired to a minicassette? music classes indeed, in found sound and treated tape?
Post a Comment