The title is referring to everything in my life these days. But, I have been wanting to write some things about the kids that I don't want to forget. And, at least for the next minute and a half, now is my chance.
1. Ben has been wiping kisses away for awhile now, but freely gives "air kisses."
2. Eli is now cuddly at night. And, FINALLY, nurses lying down beside me.
3. Ben constantly asks, "Why?"
4. I often call Ben "Little Ben." So now he calls me "Little Mama."
5. Ben is constantly busy. And every object in our house is turned into a million different things. He loves pretending to sail, kayak, skateboard, and is obsessed with snow and snowmen. Too bad we live by the coast in CA!
6. Ben makes up his own words. For awhile he said, "nino vivo" and now he says, "Jickory Jac Joc" when something is funny. We figured out it is from Hickory Dickory Dock.
7. Eli is forever trying to sit up or forward in his bouncy chair and car seat.
8. Ben gives us a running commentary of his thoughts. He even tells us what he wants to do when he is angry. For example, he said, "I will take the spoon and throw it and break it and then I will take a screwdriver and put it back together." He usually talks about what he wants to do rather than do it, but he is two and has started screaming, hitting, and grabbing when he is angry. Thank goodness it is not too difficult to re-direct him.
9. Eli gives really, really good smiles and laughs. I told him the story of his birth the other day and he thought it was hilarious.
10. I think Ben is starting to like Molly more. Especially since she has been sleeping in his new room with him at night.
11. Ben LOVES the Frog and Toad books. We are always quoting from these stories and his other books.
12. The other day Ben said to me, "Momma I want some food cried Ben."
13. Eli is rolling over on his side and can roll over on his back from his belly if his hand is stuck underneath him.
14. Ben's hair is getting darker. It almost makes me cry.
15. Ben's love of vegetables has waned but his love of food has not.
16. Last night when Ben said goodnight to Eli he kissed Eli's head and said, "Go to sleep my baby."
17. Ben does not like when characters in books are all alone. It makes him cry.
18. Ben likes to eat whatever I am eating and, sometimes, whatever Josh is eating.
19. Ben has said lately that he wants to be an adult. I told him that adults have more responsibility than kids and he said that it is his responsibility to catch the light.
20. Ben, as all kids do, listens to every conversation we have and is always asking us what we are talking about. I spelled something to Josh today and Ben started singing the ABCs.
21. Ben loves music. We have been going to music class where the kids sing songs and play little games. He likes to play instruments and, recently, has been playing his pretend violin a lot. We went to a violin shop yesterday and he was very confident about asking the man who works there all about string instruments. The highlight was getting to hold a small violin (perfect for a two year old) under his chin and plucking the strings. When the man told us to come back anytime, I am not sure he knew what he was getting himself into!
22. Ben, Josh , and I give each other patience, cooperation, and willpower if needed. We take it out of our pocket and put it into the other person's mouth. But, Ben gets upset if you eat it.
23. Often, when Ben is upset, he wants Eli to be near him for comfort.
24. Eli is making lots of cooing sounds, especially after Ben goes to sleep.
25. Eli loves being outside. He will even choose looking at trees over breastfeeding. Obviously, our two boys are quite different from one another!
26. Instead of next to you, Ben says, "Nex-a to you." So cute when you hear, "Momma please sit nex-a to me."
Well, I won't press my luck time-wise. Hope you enjoyed this taste of our happy, funny little life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh I miss you so. And I am so in awe of your talkative boy! I can only wish...
what a beautiful world you all live in. and you have created so much of it, right there at home. you should be very proud and pleased! xoxo
I love everything about all your updates! Ben is so sweet. I would love for him and James to see each other again now that James is so verbal. They would be hilarious to listen to!
What sweet boys you have! I love looking at your blog to see what I can expect after the new baby is here. However, I expect more crying and yelling form Miles and myself.
Post a Comment