Saturday, August 1, 2009

OK, OK...I'm Back to Blogging, and I had a baby!

Eli Cove Smith was born at home on July 30th, 2009 (Ben's 2nd birthday!) at about 9:30am and he weighs about 7 lbs.

Taking after his older brother, Eli came out very quickly. Only one of the midwives was there, Calista, and Caroline and our friend Nancy got there about 5 minutes after the birth. Melanie held Ben while they watched Eli being born.

We really appreciated the time everyone spent with us and Ben that day. It was very special.



4 comments:

Grampa Jim said...

Warmest of wishes for your new expanded family. I heartedly approve of the name Eli. Ben is a most generous brother to share his birthday. Think of the traditions for decades to come that will be founded on having the same birthday. Like twins but two years apart.
We are very happy for you.
And sorry for the posting name...I only use it for my grandkids....

Jenny said...

Hooray! I adore his middle name! Welcome to the world Eli, happy birthday Ben, congrats Josh, and hugs for Jodi- the homebirth goddess!

Sweet Baby James said...

Congratulations to the whole family! What a wonderful 2nd brithday for Ben! I love Eli, he looks just perfect. Congrats on a wonderful and peaceful birth. I am so happy for you guys!

Unknown said...

AHHHHHHH!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Eli and the rest of the family look BEAUTIFUL! I love you very much. We have so much to talk about....eventually:) Sharon's wedding was Superspecial! Shira's second baby is due in sept. And Noam's first in Oct. YAY! HI JOSH