Sunday, August 3, 2008

More Celebrating

Kjirsten, Jim, Nancy, and Muji came over last night to celebrate Ben's (July 30), Josh's (Aug 7), and Jim's (Aug 12) birthdays. And to toast our 9th anniversary and Jim and Nancy's anniversary (I think it's their 18th). The meal was a joint effort and quite delicious, but I am focusing on dessert in this post--mostly because it was my responsibility. Dessert consisted of semlas and homemade cardamom ice cream. Josh said that they were tasty, but that I still have some practicing to do to be able to compete with the bakeries in Uppsala....I wonder if he just wants more semlas around?!



1 comment:

Chris said...

Max and I are looking at this together, and Max says semlas "look really good". We've been inspired to try to make them some day! Thanks for the lovely idea! And hope you had a great celebration.

Max also thinks Ben looks very cute in his birthday pictures. And, he was intrigued by the Clay-Smiths. Now he's saying that if we get clay, we can try to make some of "those dolls". Maybe I will stop looking at this together!! hahaha